Ladies? Ensure your colors correspond to you attire, even the accessories.
Reminder: after a mirror check, if you don't feel comfortable, do not wear it- it's that simple!
Sharpen your fashion skills with these practical tips to flatter your figure and make your clothes work for you. The styles you choose will affect your appearance and how you’re perceived.
- Open collar shirts and scoop necks will lengthen a short neck. Add a long necklace.
- Have plenty of neutrals on hand to mix and match.
- Tailored clothes flatter most figures.
- Buy similar styles of the clothes you already own that you think flatter your figure.
- Always carry a safety pin in your purse for emergencies.
- Shoulder pads will help you balance large breasts and wide hips, but keep them slim.
- For a quick fix, if your slacks or slip is too long, roll it up at the waist.
- Break in your shoes before wearing for an entire day or special occasion.
- Use dryer sheets or fabric spray to reduce static cling.
- If you’re losing or gaining weight, go to your local thrift store and get some in-between sizes that fit.
- Make sure your pantyhose fit correctly.
- Tugging on them in public is a no-no.
- Don’t be afraid to try anything new.
- Always clean your clothing before you store it.
- Apply your perfume before dressing to prevent staining your clothing.
- Fix sticky zippers by rubbing them with some wax or a bar of soap.
- Secure your buttons by dabbing the backs of them with fingernail polish or clear glue.
- This prevents the stitching from coming loose.
- If you’re concerned about clingy clothing, don’t buy anything with more than 5% Lycra.
Reminder: Every woman has flaws. These ideas are for those that accept them, but wish to minimize them. Don’t forget, stand up straight, have good posture and carry yourself with grace. Not only will you appear taller, you will radiate self confidence and allure.